Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life Book #1

This is January 2012
Time to Start a New Journal Art Book. 

So, I began taking a Journal Art class called "Life Book" via the web. The cool thing is there are 900 make that 1225+ students & 15 17 instructors, from all over the world.  The teachers are tops in their fields, and this is a big opportunity to learn from the best of the best...........crème de la crème.

If YOU are interested in enrolling, it is not too late to join. The class goes on for a full year.  You can go at your own pace and we get to learn tons of new art techniques.
Click here, this is the link to the class to enroll;
LIFE BOOK class link
And This Is the Course Outline for the Entire Year

Step 1. It always starts with blank Fabriano Hot Press Paper

Here is the 1st page. The assignment was titled "My Superpower's".  It is about yourself....me....and I'm to list my superpowers on the fold-out flap side. Everyone has special traits, characteristics, qualities, attributes... the hard part is listing them. Narrow them down to your finest qualities. I haven't done that yet... I used color pencil & Pen & ink with 2 rhinestones hidden in it. 
Then I also made a Banner for my Etzy store using my girl. Which BTW, is me, and in real life I really do have 2 different colored eyes. I almost always change my eyes in Photoshop, to reflect just blue. But maybe having 2 different colored eyes is my superpower marking?
I ended up having to do it twice,
because I accidentally ripped it...long story...but I had fun with it.
Here is the first try at it, using mixed media.
She makes a cute cropped image too.
This is the original hand-painted design

This is after I touched her up in Photoshop, just a wee-bit :-)



11 comments:

  1. What fun! Your blog looks wonderful, and so does your studio. And your superpower girl is great; two colored eyes are beautiful! All best to you in your art class. I'm off to see what it is! a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie! I enjoyed scrolling through your blog, and your illustrations are gorgeous! Enjoy the new experiences in your art class this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun course!

    I think having two different colored eyes is pretty cool. My eyes are both (mostly) blue but I have a brown spot in one. Even as a teen I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eyes are both the same color, but the color of them has changed significantly over the years (blue to gray to green to hazel).
    Some of the assignments from your class could be good even for us paints-only-with-words types.
    Kathy Cannon Wiechman (Swagger Writers)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 900 plus students??? I have NO idea how that can work, but the idea of the course sounds amazing. And I love that your illustration (matching you) has different color eyes. Don't photoshop it out of your photos - it's definitely cool. And I think that's an excellent exercise (list your superhero powers) for us non-illustrator types as well... Thanks for sharing this, and thanks as well for being part of the 2012 Comment Challenge!
    Keep on commenting,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. The course sounds like an excellent way to keep on track and continue to challenge yourself artistically. I just getting in touch with my inner artist, so I'd need a more basic version - like "draw a lot of lines." Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun project. Love the start and can't wait to see "where you go"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie: I enjoyed viewing your blog. You have such an amazing gift. I would love to have you illustrate a book that I could share with my Kdg., First grade students, & grandkids. Thanks for sharing<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page! Enjoy lifebook, I know I am :)

    ReplyDelete