Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Handmade Holiday Cards

ho ho ho

Some people bake cookies by the batches, 

I make cards by the batches!

My Handmade Holiday Cards

*I drew a design on paper
*Placed drawing on top of my lightbox (Logan Desktop Lightbox)
*Traced design onto 50 Strathmore Watercolor Blank Greeting Cards
I love these blank cards:

*Inked each using Faber-Castell, size small, color Sepia (a few in Black)
*Watercolor painted the ornaments red
*To speed things up, I used Copic Markers for skin, hair & dress (skin white E00, Barley Beige E11& Dark Suntan E15)
*Added glitter for fun!!!
*Sealed each envelope with my Hanko stamp (paper was too rough to stamp, I improvise a new use).
Mailed out 50 handmade cards,
If you did not get one, it's because I only had 50 cards. Next time I'll buy 100 cards. I enjoyed making these over the course of 4 evenings while watching tv.
Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah
Peace & Carrots!
Double Click on each image to supersize






Spread a little magic Glitter!

Some with silver glitter, some with gold!
And some with Ribbons


Pictured above is an easy fun craft to make with your kids. 
Cover Styrofoam trees using Candy Gumdrops attached to toothpicks!! 
Stick an ornament on top! 
These last almost forever!!!
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah
Peace & Carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment